We are an Inc 500 honoree digital agency with more than 18+ years of experience in the software development and recruiting market.
Type of role: Permanent / FTE- Open for remote candidates (ET time zone)
One of our clients is expanding its permanent team with an Engineering Lead/ Manager. Our client has launched a mobile payments alternative platform which combines mobile monetization and gamification. It is the first rewards platform to gamify getting your bills paid and they already in the US, UK, Mexico, Asia and are launching next in Brazil.
About The Role
As the Software Development Lead, you will help to lead their expanding software engineering team. The team is responsible for building the Android applications and API services that power their partner applications. This team owns critical services for customer-facing experiences around the world.
In this role, you will lead a high-functioning team of Android and backend engineers. You will foster an engineering culture focused on learning and rapid delivery of ideas enabling experimentation. As an engineering leader, you will support the career growth and development of our engineers. You will collaborate with their Product, Design, DevOps, and Business teams to design and improve their customer experience.
This is a permanent full-time position for a key role based in South Florida.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a team of talented engineers that are responsible for customer-facing applications & APIs
- Coordinate release, sprint, and project planning with coordinated meetings as needed to ensure project tracking and completion
- Coordinate team to resolve technical problems, issues, and escalations
- Improve upon existing processes to streamline operations and improve delivery predictability
- Ensure appropriate resource capacity planning and manage risks/barriers to ensure continued forward momentum in delivering roadmap initiatives
Work closely with engineers and business partners to deliver critical systems
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development
- Champion operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes for regular assessment and improvement
- Maintain and monitor individual employees’ performance
You will thrive in this role if you have:
- 7+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 2+ hands-on management experience
- Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications and data systems
- Experience working in an agile environment. Scrum Master certification a plus
- Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers
- Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- The ability to make technical tradeoff decisions and drive strategic communication with stakeholders
- Capable of meeting key success metrics in development, engineering, test, while maintaining operational excellence and best practices for the team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience as engineer or developer(a strong plus)
- Experience building and managing large scale distributed systems is a strong plus
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying